Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Obama Mama

I have no intention of turning this into a political blog. However, with tonight's impending announcement of our new Democratic Presidential nominee, and no sweeter words than this,
I must say: I'm proud to be an Obama Mama! Sorry--just can't resist the rhyme......

Are any of you other Mama's out there Obama Mama's?! Let's hear it!

So admitting my political stance to other's is not such a big deal to me. For my husband though, he would never tell anyone, yes ANYONE (including me--his wife!) how he voted in any given election, until the 2004 Presidential race where he came home that night and out of the blue spouted off a list of past Presidential candidate names......after which I learned he was telling me how he'd voted his whole life. Ha! I was so relieved he finally told me. It was one of those weird things that just really bothered me. I think the fact that I had just given birth to his firstborn a few weeks prior to that day softened him up a little. Maybe.

Of course I would never divulge his current political stance to you, but will proudly say I DO know what it is. Is he an Obama Papa? Maybe. But Obama Papa doesn't have that lyrical ring to it anyhow now, does it?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

I will just be glad when the election is over! I think Congress should pass a law that campaigns have to be limited to no more than 90 days before an election. Just think of the money that could be saved!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home