Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Paranoia, etc.

So I'm considering making our blog private, which means I first have to "invite" you to view it, and from then on you have to log-in to blogger to view it. Currently, our blog is not private but is not part of my profile and not listed in the blogger or google search engines--unless you have the address or are just clicking through blogs on blogger, you can't find it.

But I guess now that I have two kids, I'm thinking even more about all the crazy people in this world just lurking around to find out info about you or your kids to do any number of horrible things to them or to you. Recently on a parenting type website I was reading through some threads on a message board and there was a warning at the top to never mention your address (duh!), city (unless you live in a large metro city like Chicago, NYC, etc.), hospital where you will have your baby, etc. because they've caught predators browsing to find info, etc. Such a sad world, but that's reality.

Any thoughts on if you would still take the time to read our blog if it's private and requires the initial invite (meaning I need to know you and your e-mail address, and that you want to read my blog), and then you logging in every time? Please post a comment or send me an e-mail to let me know, then we'll make a decision.

New kiddie pics coming soon!
Nicholas is now almost 10 lbs and 21 inches long, a healthy growing boy with a beautiful smile. Big sister Ella is HUGE in comparison. It's always strange to give her a bath, or something similar after spending so much time caring for Nicholas. She just seems HUGE! BTW, she's counting down to Memorial Day for the long awaited beach opening.......

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

I struggled with the same issue, I still question it. If you go private it makes no difference to me. I will take you off my "blogs I read" list if you want, just let me know.

Can't wait for more pix.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Your concerns are genuine and not without merit. Yet, I think about how we are to be a light in this world. Sometimes you have to let your little light shine! Sign us up if you go private! And, we look forward to the pix also!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ron and Deb in AZ said...

Sign us up if you go private! We so enjoy the Photos and stories. We would'nt want to miss the opportunity to keep up with our favorite Chicago family!!
Aunt Deb and Uncle Ron in beautiful AZ

3:51 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

My blog is private. I totally understand. So yes, I would still read your blog if you go private.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home