Friday, April 04, 2008

Family of 3

Yesterday was our last day to celebrate our family of three. (Nana arrives today). Rather than wanting time alone like originally I thought I might, I really wanted to do something special with Ella. So yesterday afternoon I surprised her with a mother/daughter manicure-pedicure. This is not something I treat myself to very often--but the last time I did, she was there for part of it and they painted her nails for her--she thought it was the greatest thing. So yesterday afternoon when I told her where we were going she was thrilled! This time she got to sit up on a big cushy chair of her own and they filed her fingers and toes and painted them while I got my pedicure and manicure. She loved every minute of it, as did I.

Then we met David and rode the train to a special dinner of her choice which of course took us to Cozy Noodles or "Paroon's restaurant" as she often calls it. It's a bit surreal to think it was our last night at a restaurant as a family of three. We enjoyed most every minute, knowing our next family outing would entail an infant too!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

The next couple of days will be filled with so many emotions, sad, happy, overwhelmed, tired, scared, excited, and much more. Good luck on your roller coaster, know that you have many prayers coming from us.
By the way, when we were getting stuff ready for the garage sale, Lexi would find stupid little McDonald's freebee toys and told me we needed to save them for Ella's new baby. It was thoughtful, but don't worry I didn't save them. :-)

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home