Wednesday, February 20, 2008

7 weeks and counting

So time can really sneak up on you when suddenly you realize you will have another child to care for in 7 weeks or less. It's exciting, yet frustrating and of course carries a bit of scariness in the unknown too.

Meeting your new baby, discovering their gender, introducing them to big sister Ella=exciting
Choosing a name that me and picky husband can both agree upon=frustrating but fun
Staying in a hospital for 3 nights (even if it's brand new with great views of the Lake)=more frustrating and not fun
Trying to think of a new bedroom arrangement to accommodate yet another person and their bed, albeit very small=depressing
Imagining what it will be like the first time David leaves for work and kisses all THREE of us goodbye=scary

I'm hoping to get the full 7 weeks remaining, but have a feeling this baby wants out early--it just won't stop spinning, punching, kicking and is not settling down at all...only time will tell! We do finally have a emergency plan in place (Thank you Monica!) in case the baby arrival comes before Nana's arrival.


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

I can not believe you only have seven weeks left!!!!! I mean the last time we saw you guys you hadn't even told anyone you were pregnant. So for me, I'm sure not for you, this has been the fastest pregnancy EVER! I hated all of those worries and fears that came with thinking about the arrival of Gracie. I am sure you will be blessed with a huge, healthy, happy, restfull baby. Once Gracie got here my biggest problem that I had was remembering that Lexi was a baby too. Since I had a newborn it was like I expected my 21 month old to become an adult over night. But, since Ella is so big already and such a helper, you will be fine. I think you will be amazed at how easy and natural the transition is.
Love ya

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home