Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seasons

A crisp breeze blows across the lake and up into our windows today reminding me that Autumn is right around the corner. I love Seasons. Growing up in Southern California did not give me much opportunity to enjoy the four Seasons. Now I wouldn't give them up for anything.

I love Spring because life is new again and people and creatures come out of hiding, and because 50 degrees feels so warm.
I love Summer because the sun seems to never set, days are long and fireflies abound.
I love Autumn because it refreshes your soul and colors the world so vividly.
I love Winter because there's nothing like a quiet snowfall to remind you of God's beautiful Earth, or a subzero eyelash and nose hair freeze to invigorate your mind and body.

I've fallen in love in the summer, given birth in the fall and spring, was born in the summer, married in the fall, and lived in the winter.

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home