Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Apple Spider

Keeping warm inside today

Ella playing aminals and blocks:
Hannah, Mikayla (L to R) on top of blocks


"Apple spider", "aminals", "A-vuh-lor"
"apple cider", "animals", "elevator"
The few words left that Ella doesn't pronounce correctly. Ever since "stroder" became "stroller", it's kind of sad and we don't really correct her because we're holding onto the last few baby like things.

"Kah-nee-nog"
Ella's favorite "made-up" word. She's been in the language development phase of making up her own words for a few months now, but this is one of her favorites. It can take on the meaning of just about anything she wants. Another is the phrase: "Hock a neeny" instead of "hock a lugey" which of course David taught her. And no, I'm proud to say I don't know how to spell lugey.

Today's a relative heatwave with temperatures finally above zero again-currently 10 degrees. We exchanged it for snow though.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt a little sad too when Lexi could say every word correctly. Our favorite of all times was Lexi saying ketchup as "cow patch." Currently, I love hearing Gracie yell "Hexi" throughout our house.

I'm really not trying to rub it in, but we have also been suffering from extremely cold weather, and we got a real surprise today it was in the 60's. I kid you not, I missed the news last night because I fell asleep too early, but on Sunday they said the whole week wasn't suppose to get out of the low 30's, which we were actually looking forwad to after last week, so it was a wonderful suprise.

Love, Ang

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cute! I was so sad when Aaron stopped telling me he needed a "tennis shoe" when his nose would run and when Molly said Leviticus instead of "Vegiticus". However, as they get older and enter school there is a whole world of words they will learn, some of which you would rather they didn't.

The weather in South Carolina was in the 60's today also. Sorry! I am, believe it or not, making Spring Dresses for Molly

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you, I rarely correct Braden when he pronounces words incorrectly anymore. And for the same reason. He says so many "grown-up" words and phrases, that it's nice to hear him talk like the 3-yr-old he is once in a while.
-Heather

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am patiently waiting for a Chicago-Earnhart family update.
Ang

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home