Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The problem with problem...

is that I can't seem to explain it to a 2-yr. old. Yesterday, my sweet inquisitive Ella said, "Mama, what's a problem?" Hmmm, at first I thought--this is easy! " A problem is, well, let's see...umm, uhh, it's when something is wrong and you need to fix it. Like if you get wet, it's a problem and you fix it by drying yourself off, right?"

Apparently she was not satisfied with my answer, because she asked again this morning. And lucky for me, David was still at home, and I promptly said, "go ask Papa". :-) Of course my wonderfully intelligent husband says, let's see...I left the dictionary out when I packed the books away." Then he proceeds to turn to "problem" and read the entry to Ella.

I'm sure this is one of many, many more questions we'll get from Ella that require more thought than one might imagine.

So for today, answer this: "What's a problem?" and remember you're speaking to a 2-yr. old. We'd love to hear your response--so post a comment and let us know how you would answer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home