Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The woes of the carless

Yes, here is yet another entry of me complaining about the CTA and my dreams of owning a car.

So today is "Madame Rose" class day, or French Wiggleworms
as most call it. It was also 4 degrees when it was time to leave, and no you did not read that wrong and it's not a typo. It was 4 degrees air temp, and negative teens wind chill! Being the overprotective (am I?) Mother that I am, I thought it would be a little irresponsible not to mention dangerous to take our usual route to class. This would involve walking 1/2 mile, standing to wait for a bus, walking another 1/2 mile to class. So I tell Ella it's REALLY cold outside, and she says let's take an i-go car! This was a great idea, even though it greatly increases the cost of a single session of Wiggleworms-- so I log-on to i-go but everyone else was doing the same thing because of the frigid temps --no cars available within a reasonable radius of home. So I talk to Ella again and say the i-go cars are all reserved. Do you want to ride 3 buses to class in the freezing cold? YES!! So off we went at 9:30....

After returning home shortly after noon, taking a total of FIVE buses (# six blew by us, looking right at me standing at the stop flagging him down), walking in the freezing cold with a 2-year old "it hurts Mama.....Mama get me....Mama carry me....I'm freezing" .......I am completely exhausted.

Did I mention I wish we had a car?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home